CS 4720 - Fall 2022
Mobile Application Development
Our course is an introductory course in mobile application development. We will focus on both the unique nature of building apps for mobile devices, including challenges with usability, privacy, and third-party integration.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the differences in building applications for mobile devices as opposed to desktop or the web;
- Understand the basic technology and platforms for mobile development;
- Understand the software engineering concepts necessary to develop mobile apps (and other large systems) in a group;
- Understand the privacy, ethical, usability, and accessibility issues specific to mobile;
- Have a familiarity with at least one mobile platform and programming language.
Gradescope Piazza Collab GitHub
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays @ 2:00 PM-2:50 PM in OLS 018
Instructor: Prof. Mark Sherriff
Office: Rice 400
Office Hours: Tuesdays, 11:00 AM-12:30 PM and Wednesdays, 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
Teaching Assistants: Farzana Ahmad and Oishee Hoque